BORN KICKERS COVID PROTOCOLS AS OF AUGUST 2020
- All parents must keep children at home if they have exhibited any Covid symptoms (cough, fever, loss of taste or smell) or have been in contact with any infected person
- All practices will be voluntary
- Each player will bring their own ball and clearly marked water bottle. Each player needs to bring their bag with items inside and will be instructed to set up 6 feet apart next to team practice area. The player will use this space for water breaks.
- Team huddles and greetings will observe social distancing; no handshakes, high-fives, fist bumps, etc.
- Coaches, players, and parents must wear masks to and from training, but will not be required to wear a mask while playing.
- Spectators/parents should wear face coverings, remain socially distanced and wear face coverings when within 6 feet of others
Responsibilities of Coaching Staff
- Coaches alone shall be permitted to touch equipment, including training cones and goals;
- Coaches will be sure their players leave promptly after each training session.
- All staff will be educated on protocols and requirements, including state and local regulations, CDC recommendations and other necessary safety information
Cleaning and Disinfection
- Training areas/common equipment will be cleaned with a disinfecting cleaner after each training session
- Hand sanitizer will be available for players to use before practice, after, and during breaks.
- If any player has traveled to high exposure areas designated by New York State, we ask them to quarantine for 14 days before returning to practice.
- If any player has travelled internationally, we ask them to quarantine for 14 days before returning to practice.
- Before the player’s first training, he will be required to bring the signed Covid waiver. The waiver will ensure that no player will attend practice if they have been in contact with a sick person or has symptoms.
- Born Kickers will send out a group email if we become aware of any Covid-related risks to the groups (sick player/family member, quarantined school, etc..)
- If a player or coach tests positive, the group will stop practicing and will only return after 14 days.
- If a player is in contact with an infected person (at school, for example), the player can’t return to practice until they are tested or quarantined for 14 days.